A website address and a quick response code will be included on Pernod Ricard’s bottles in a phased rollout.
The company said 85% of the web pages were already online, with the remaining 15% available before the end of 2017.
Each web page has a standardised layout, using tables that show calories as well as other nutritional data.
Make responsible choices
To help consumers make responsible choices, content is expressed per 10g unit of alcohol and also by the quantity most common to each product (eg 150ml for Campo Viejo wine, and 25ml for Cognac Martell).
“An increasing number of consumers want clear, useful information about the products they consume,” said Pernod Ricard chair and chief executive Alexandre Ricard.
Last month, an EC report invited alcoholic beverages producers to develop, within a year, a proposal to provide ingredients and nutrition information on all drinks.