We invited delegates to subit questions about sustainable snacking to our expert panel for their consideration during the online seminar. A list of the 10 most popular questions appears in the box below.
Three experts will be answering selected questions subitted in advance and live during their webinar presentations.
Taking part will be Lu Ann Williams, director of innovation at Innova Market Insights, Sebastian Emig, president of the European Snacks Association (ESA) and Danielle Veenstra, senior sustainability specialist with webinar sponsor Almond Board of California (ABC).
Hot snacking trends
Innova’s director of innovation will profile the hot snacking trends for 2017 and beyond.
The ESA president will deliver insights into the continent’s savoury snacks market, valued at about €14bn in 2014. He will also cover the progress made by manufacturers on the healthy reformulation of nearly 1.85Mt of savoury snack products purchased each year.
Consumers’ evolving demands
ABC’s sustainability specialist will explain how the California almond industry is implementing sustainable growing practices, based on years of research and innovation, in response to consumers’ evolving demands.
After registering for his or her free place, anyone can put a question to our expert panel for their consideration at the end of the one-hour webinar, which starts at 3pm London time on Thursday June 15.
Meanwhile, more information about the webinar is available here.
- Is the UK increasing its share of the snacking market or are other countries (in Europe or not) outgrowing the UK?
- Will US food trends continue to set the scene for the London snack and fast food market
- How much ‘premium’ price are consumers willing to pay for ‘sustainability’?
- Where should small-quantity importing startup look to for guidance about getting foothold in market?
- What emerging flavours or flavour combinations are you predicting will be making an impact in 2018?
- What is the best positioning in store for savoury snacks? Chilled or ambient?
- What are the latest trends in the dried fruit and nut sector in the UK?
- How is the insect trend seen among other sustainable snacks?
- How does the growth trend on healthy snacking compared with traditional snacks?
- Are human beings biologically programmed to snack in preference to having regular meals and if so what implications does this pose for the nutritional composition viz social responsibility?