Survey Insights: Food Manufacture State of the Industry Survey 2014
01-Jul-2014 | PDF fileDownload PDF Now!
In June 2014, FoodManufacture.co.uk conducted a survey on its user base of food and drink manufacturing professionals.
The objective of the ‘state of the industry’ survey was to gauge the views about the current state of the food and drink manufacturing industry and identify the issues that are causing most concern. The survey was taken by food and drink manufacturing professionals based in the UK.
Highlights from the survey results include:
- A huge number (83%) of respondents agreed that the prices of raw materials will be an increasing concern in the coming year
- 64% agreed that the food industry have learnt their lessons from last year’s horsemeat scandal
- 88% have an optimistic outlook and see a long-term future for the UK food manufacturing industry
- Only a meagre 20% agreed that the groceries code adjudicator, Christine Tacon, is being effective in preventing supermarket chains from abusing their power over suppliers
- 87% strongly believed that pricing pressure from retailers was threatening to undermine the quality of their own-label products
- Although 66% confirm their companies have plans to increase investment in new product development (NPD), many believe their customers are more focused on price than ground-breaking NPD
...discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading this exclusive report today.