Richards joined the poultry producer following his last role as group chief operating officer for Ueshima Coffee Co (UCC) from July 2013 to January 2015.
He will be responsible for the company’s UK and Ireland commercial strategy, including marketing, food innovation and commercial functions. In addition, he will join the poultry processor’s executive leadership team.
Richards has held a number of roles in the food and drink sector over his 30 years working in the industry.
30 years in the industry
These included various roles at Kraft Foods – now Mondelēz – from February 1986 to May 1991 and PepsiCo from May 1991 to August 1998.
Richards held a number of roles in Britvic from August 1998 to January 2012. His most recent role at the soft drink manufacturer was md of its Ireland operations.
Moy Park chief executive Janet McCollum said she was delighted to welcome Richards to the Moy Park team.
“Andrew’s impressive experience and commercial leadership will further strengthen our relationships in delivering outstanding insight, innovation, quality and service to our customers,” said McCollum.
‘Experience and commercial leadership’
Richards’ appointment follows that of Sian Land as Moy Park’s chief financial officer in September last year.
For the latest job opportunities in the food and drink manufacturing, check out FoodManJobs.
Meanwhile, December was a busy month for people moving to new jobs in the food and drink industry, with Coca-Cola, Tate & Lyle and Bakkavor making changes to their senior management teams. Watch our for our photogallery charting the key appointments on Monday, January 23.
- Kraft Foods (Mondelēz): Various roles – February 1986 to May 1991
- PepsiCo: Various roles – May 1991 to August 1998
- Britvic: Grocery trading director – August 1998 to August 2001
- Britvic: Take home director – September 2001 to August 2003
- Britvic: Sales director – August 2003 to December 2008
- Britvic Ireland: Md – January 2009 to January 2012
- UCC Europe: Group chief operating officer – July 2013 to January 2015
- Moy Park: Commercial director UK and Ireland – December 2016 to present